Rolyan Aquaplast Original Solid Beige 46cm x 61cm 3.2mm Splinting Material
Rolyan Aquaplast Original Solid Beige 46cm x 61cm 3.2mm Splinting Material is an uncoated thermoplastic splinting material that combines moderate resistance to stretch with moderate drape and good conformability. Ideal for more experienced splinters, Aquaplast Original clings to the skin while contouring, freeing up therapists' hands during splint moulding. Like all Rolyan thermoplastics, Aquaplast is latex-free, biodegradable and x-ray translucent.
Stability and Firm Support
At 3.2mm, this product is the traditional thickness for splints, providing stability and firm support. This makes the material well-suited for a number of functions, including positioning and holding joints, aiding abnormal tone, contractures and fracture bracing. In general, the Rolyan Aquaplast Original 3.2mm is ideal for static, dynamic and progressive splinting of the upper and lower extremities.
Handling Characteristics of the Rolyan Aquaplast 3.2mm
- Controlled stretch, shapes easily
- Clings to the skin while contouring, providing the experienced therapist with an extra set of hands while forming the splint
- Great for attaching outriggers or other components
- Resists fingerprinting
Clinical Recommendations of the Rolyan Aquaplast Solid Beige
- Perfect for dynamic splinting and outrigger attachments
- Wide variety of upper and lower limb pathologies
Bonding of the Rolyan Aquaplast Splinting Material
The Rolyan Aquaplast should be heated for one minute in water at 70 to 75°C for 4 to 6 minutes of working time.
- Bonds permanently when heated surfaces are pinched together
- Bond is especially strong if material is dry-heated
Pack Size of the Rolyan Aquaplast
The Rolyan Aquaplast Original Solid Beige 46cm x 61cm 3.2mm Splinting Material is supplied in single sheets.