Polyflex II Solid White 46 x 61cm 2.4mm Splinting Material
The Polyflex II Solid White 46 x 61cm 2.4mm Splinting Material is a coated, latex-free splinting material with moderate resistance to stretch. At 2.4mm, this material provides lightweight support while minimising bulkiness, making it perfect for a wide range of static and dynamic splints where less weight is desired.
The Polyflex II Splinting Material has the optimum combination of resistance to stretch and good conformability and drape, making it suitable for a variety of purposes. Shaping easily for a well-contoured splint, this material has flexibility when set, easing application and removal, and accommodating tonal fluctuations and changes in oedema.
Handling Characteristics of the Polyflex II
- Stretches easily with excellent drape, conforming well to contours to provide a seamless splint
- Flexible when cured allowing the splint to accommodate tonal and postural fluctuations
- A helping hand for patients having difficulty with splint application
- Handle on a horizontal plane and form splint in a gravity-assisted position
- Easy-trim edges for superior finishing
Bonding of the Polyflex II Solid White Splinting Material
The Polyflex II Splinting Material should be heated for one minute in 70 - 75°C water, giving 2 - 3 minutes of working time.
- For a temporary bond, pinch heated surfaces together
- For a permanent bond, remove the coating with spirits or by safely scraping with a sharp instrument
Self-finishing edges: Cut material when warm to create smoother, clean edges for comfort and fit.
Clinical Recommendations of the Polyflex II Splinting Material
The Polyflex II Splinting Material has a number of clinical recommendations, including:
- Pain or joint pathologies
- Dynamic outrigger bases
- Neurological pathologies
- Neck collars and facemasks
- Wrist, hand, finger and thumb splints
Pack Size of the Polyflex II Splinting Material
The Polyflex II Solid White 46 x 61cm 2.4mm Splinting Material is supplied in single sheets.