Paediatric Lycrafleece Wrist Splint
Supporting and protecting the wrist after an injury occurs is crucial to the healing and rehabilitation process, especially in children who are active, often unaware and on-the-go more than adults. The Paediatric Lycrafleece Wrist Splint grants your child an optimal balance between comfort and protection while they recover from sprains, strains, instability fractures and a range of other soft-tissue injuries.
Which Size Paediatric Lycrafleece Wrist Splint Is Right for My Child?
This paediatric wrist splint is available in five different sizes to suit the majority of children. To find the right one for your child, please measure the circumference of their wrist at the area shown in the image below.
Once you have this measurement, please consult the sizing table beneath to select the correct size wrist support for them.
|Splint Size ||Wrist Circumference (cm) ||Length of Splint |
|Extra Small ||7 - 8cm ||Approximately 15cm (6") |
|Small ||8 - 9cm ||Approximately 15cm (6") |
|Medium ||10 - 11cm ||Approximately 15cm (6") |
|Large ||12 - 16cm ||Approximately 15cm (6") |
|Extra Large ||17cm + ||Approximately 15cm (6") |
How Do I Know If The Lycrafleece Splint Fits Correctly?
Naturally, child are often not used to wearing braces and splints, meaning that any slight discomfort may be amplified and result in a refusal to wear their splint due to discomfort. Thankfully, checking to see if the brace is doing its job and helping your child could not be easier.
Once your child has fitted their brace for the first time, you can check that it is the correct size for them by:
- Ensuring the central splint on the underside runs along the centre of their wrist
- Checking that the thumb strap should attach securely across the thumb crotch
- Rigid metal stay promotes healing by keeping wrist and forearm in position
- Asking them to try out some general classroom activities like writing whilst wearing their brace
- Making sure each of the four main straps are attached securely across the back of the hand
How Does the Paediatric Lycrafleece Wrist Splint Work?
Using a single rigid metal splint piece, the Paediatric Lycrafleece Splint works by keeping the wrist bone and forearm in place whilst healing occurs following an injury.
Why Choose This Wrist Splint?
Wearing any sort of support or brace can be difficult for children, both comfort wise and visually. The stylish and colourful design is popular with children, making it easier to tolerate when worn at school and on the playground.
Which Conditions Can Be Alleviated With a Lycrafleece Wrist Splint?
We understand that children are incredibly active and are going to bump, land and injure themselves from time to time. The Paediatric Lycrafleece Splint is designed to help them recovery quickly.
Please see the list of conditions below to find out if one can help your child:
- Arthritis of the wrist
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- De Quervain's Tenosynovitis (De Quervain's Syndrome)
- General wrist weakness
- Pain/instability of thumb extensors/abductors
- Postoperative conditions
- Post-Traumatic conditions
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Soft tissue injury
- Sprained wrist
- UCL injury
Popular With Children
Designed for and with the input of children, the Promedics Paediatric Wrist Splint features a five colour design that makes recovering from an injury a little bit less mundane. Each strap is a different colour, allowing a parent to make a game out application when a younger child may be reluctant to wear theirs.
Enhanced Emphasis on Comfort
Children are often uncomfortable when wearing even the slightly abrasive material that is capable of causing itching and scratching. The Paediatric Wrist Splint is lined with a soft and comfortable liner to guard against interior scratching and prevent sweat building up on the inside when they're running around.
Key Features of the Paediatric Lycrafleece Wrist Splint
- Durable construction for long-lasting quality
- High quality design is built to last
- Stylish and colourful design allows parents to play games during application
- Allows finger and thumb movement thanks to innovative non-fixed strap
- 3-ply laminate lycrafleece material enhances comfort and prevents sweat build-up
- Colourful Velcro is easily fastened and removed
- Keep skin warm when cold, cool when warm
- Available in five different sizes
Inobtrusive Wrist Hole
Unlike other fixed braces, the Paediatric Lycrafleece Wrist Splint uses a detachable strap to form a hole for the rest. This aids flexibility and ensures that your child doesn't feel that their entire hand is restricted when wearing theirs.
Designed for the Classroom and the Playground
We understand that children live active and investigative lives where injuries are commonplace. The Paediatric Lycrafleece Wrist Splint is designed to enhance recovery throughout the day, without inhibiting a child's ability to hold a pen or pencil and get their work done during lesson time.
What Makes Lycrafleece Such a Great Material?
The comfort lycrafleece provides is exceptional. It offers great breathability and prevents chafing, making it a fantastic choice for use as in wrist splint construction.
- Hand wash in cool water using mild detergent
- Rise and dry flat
- Do not spin or tumble dry
- Do not use fabric conditioner at any time
- Wipe clean with sanitary wipes in event of sweat build-up